Italian Tomato Chicken & Penne can be ready in under 30 minutes when you use a pressure cooker.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup dry penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Pressure cooker / Instant Pot
1. To the Instant pot, add dry pasta, olive oil and enough water to cover pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
2. Sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken pieces
3. Place chicken on top of the pasta, inside the pressure cooker.
4. Mix about 1 cup water with crushed tomatoes. Pour over chicken.
5. Put the top on the pot and lock lid.
6. Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
7. Set the pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to boil to make a sauce