Prepper’s Dehydrator Handbook is packed with everything you need to know about this powerful method for creating shelf-stable foods. Instead of relying on preservative-filled packaged food, fill your pantry with the tastier, healthy alternative – dehydrated food.
In a world of fast food and take out, you may think that the art of dehydrating food is lost. After all, who has 6-12 hours to prepare ingredients for a healthy meal?
Whether you are preparing for an economic downturn, purchasing food in bulk, or looking to put up food stores to reduce the hit on your grocery bill, dehydrating is still the way to go.
Today’s dehydrators work so well and are so cost-effective, that with basic instruction, any home can have a small machine on the counter. Working on this part of your food storage plan has never been easier.
This new volume, Prepper’s Dehydrator Handbook, is both a recipe collection and a how-to dehydrate primer, all in one.
You get all the information needed to get started with this important food storage technique, including:
- how to choose the right kind of equipment for different drying jobs
- which old-fashioned dehydrating techniques are still safe
- where to get large quantities of produce for your storage needs
- large and small batch dehydrating tips
- short-term and long-term food storage packaging instructions so you’ll always have a stocked pantry
- how to keep an inventory of dehydrated food and how to rotate your food for optimal freshness
- the food that should not be dehydrated for safety reasons
This book includes specific instructions for putting up over 50 fruits, vegetables, fruit leather, and jerky. Each is fully explained with detailed instructions, so you’ll be confidently dehydrating in no time.
Recipes are worked with easy-to-follow instructions covering these areas:
- How to thoroughly clean the specific fruit or vegetable, even if it’s not organic
- Various cuts that can be used to prepare each item (julienne, slice, etc.)
- Recommended cutting thicknesses
- Drying time and temperature
- Blanching requirements
- Oxidation treatments
- How to rehydrate
It’s an unfortunate fact that natural disasters, local emergencies, and power outages happen every day. Putting the extra effort into dehydrated food now makes sense for your long-term survival.
With Prepper’s Dehydrator Handbook you can slice, cut, dry, pack, and eat your way through 50+ recipes and instructions to create any number of healthy meals in minutes.
This book is for:
- Preppers who want to create a healthy year’s supply of food that is tailor made for their family’s dietary needs.
- Homesteaders who have the land to plant additional crops and want to create their own extended pantry supply.
- Busy families who want to purchase in bulk and have ingredients for quick, healthy meals at their fingertips.
- Suburban and urban gardeners who are trying to grow and preserve their harvest in an efficient way.
- Parents who want to replace their children’s consumption of sugary and empty calorie snacks with healthy alternatives.
This really will be the only dehydrating guide needed on any home preserver’s bookshelf.
My dream is that after you learn how to dehydrate you will see the possibilities for quick, healthy meals and begin to use these techniques every day. My wish is that you never waste another orange peel, wilted celery stick, or bag of spinach again.