Sugar scrubs are excellent for gently cleansing your skin. This calming chamomile oat sugar scrub blend is hydrating and soothing at the same time
If you are looking for a quick luxurious gift or to treat yourself to a spa-like experience, making your own sugar scrub may be the answer.
Benefits of sugar scrubs
- Sugar is hydrating and helps to draw moisture into the skin
- Sugar is a form of alpha hydroxy acid, which assists with cell turnover as well.
- Sugar scrubs are generally gentler than salt scrubs, which while helpful, can cause microscopic tears in the skin
- Sugar scrubs allow some of your natural oils to remain
Chamomile Oat Sugar Scrub Recipe
This is a soothing mixture when your face needs a little extra tender loving care. Oats soften skin and chamomile is known for its calming properties.
- ½ cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Rolled Oats, ground
- 1 tablespoon strong Chamomile tea
Simply mix the brown sugar, olive oil, ground rolled oats, and strongly brewed chamomile tea in a small bowl.
After the recipe settles for 15 minutes the oil will settle to the top. You may decide to add more brown sugar or oats to get the consistency of the scrub just right. You want to be able to pick up the sugar scrub on a popsicle stick and have it remain there.
Apply sugar scrub to your face or body while in the shower, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse.