Pot Roast Dinner
- 5 pound beef rump roast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 4 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 4 red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup A1 sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- Heat oil on medium high in a pot roast pot sometimes called a Dutch oven.
- In a plate put the flour and 1 tsp salt. Sprinkle roast with salt. Dredge in flour, place in hot oil in the pan.
- Brown each side about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add in the onions and let brown a little with the roast when you start browning the last side.
- When the last side is brown add everything else starting with the broth and sauce stirring between additions.
- Bring the pot to a boil.
- Cover the pot and put into a 375 degree for 15 minutes per pound.